April 21, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch 65


Hello friends! I have been absent for several days, did you miss me? I've been super busy lately and have had a real creative block to overcome when I do find time to craft, but hopefully that will pass soon!

Before I get to today's card, I want to remind you that Thursday night (that's tomorrow!) is the deadline for my Earth Day Challenge. If you're just hearing about it, click on the logo on my sidebar to learn more and enter your creation. I only have one entry so far, so your chances are very good to win some super-cute stickers and die-cuts from Doodlebug Designs.

Now for today's card: as I mentioned I have had a difficult time creating lately, so I decided to simplify things a bit and use just one challenge sketch and not try to combine it with a color challenge at the same time. I also wanted to try out some of my new stamps from Papertrey, the lovely leaf and vine images of Turning a New Leaf. This set has been on my wish list since I discovered PTI, so I was very excited to get a chance to play with it. I used the Sweet Sunday Sketch shown below.

I also dove into that PTI cardstock I've been hoarding, choosing Ripe Avocado, Aqua Mist, and Vintage Cream. I think this combo looks very serene. I used three different images from Turning a New Leaf to stamp the background in Versamark and the focal image in Ripe Avocado palette ink. The sentiment is from Fiskars, and the ribbon is PTI. A simple stitched border seemed to pull it all together.

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink; Stamps: Papertrey Ink (leaves), Fiskars (sentiment); Ink: Versamark, Papertrey Ink (Ripe Avocado); Punches: EK Success; Ribbon: Papertrey Ink; other: thread

I really like the way this turned out. The design is very simple but the layers of different leaf images give it a bit more depth and interest. I imagine I will be using this set quite a bit!

Thanks for stopping by today! And as always, a big thank you to those of you who take the time to leave such sweet comments. I read every single one and enjoy checking out your blogs, too! Have a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

Jo said...

I love the clean and simple look and the colours are lovely together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...