April 9, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge 107


Happy Friday! I'm back with another challenge entry, this one for Taylored Expressions Sketch #107. Unfortunately, I think I might have missed the deadline to enter it, but here it is anyway!
First, the sketch:
















Pretty cute sketch, don't you think? There are so many possibilities for that row of circles at the bottom. For a while I was thinking ruffles, then maybe layered scallops, but I wound up with a very basic scallop embellished with a few buttons. Let me tell you, I should have known not to tackle this particular sketch, given my creative block when it comes to those big circle elements! But I was determined to stretch myself (that's why they call it a challenge!) and eventually settled on this elegant pink, black, and white design.

Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: Making Memories; Stamps: Inkadinkadoo, Papertrey Ink; Ink: Clearsnap, JoAnn stores; Dies: Spellbinders; Die cut machine: Sizzix; Corner Rounder: EK Success; other: buttons, DMC floss

The large scallops were cut by hand, which reminded me how much I need the new scallop dies from Papertrey! The sentiment is from Papertrey's Mega Mixed Messages, which I absolutely love. So many uses, and the prettiest fonts!

That's all for now! I may try to sneak in one more post tonight if my kids behave, but don't forget to check in this weekend for details on a new challenge! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...