May 17, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sketch 113


Welcome back, friends! It's the start of another week, and I'm determined to make it a crafty one after my absence last week. When I saw this great sketch at Taylored Expressions, I knew immediately I wanted to replicate the look of the new Take Three: Summer stamp set from PTI. I love the trio of elements and the square shape in this stamp set, and I knew they would work perfectly with this sketch.

I've been wanting to make thank you cards for my daughter's preschool teachers, so I chose a cute apple image from Hampton Art (at Jo-Ann stores) and stamped it three times on Vintage Cream cardstock, using Colorbox Lettuce pigment ink. I used clear embossing powder and heat embossed the images. I then used a square punch to cut the images out in different orientations. The focal image was stamped in red, then I added a sentiment in black and embossed it on a die-cut circle. The red background cardstock was stamped with a couple of different borders in Versamark, then stitched onto the patterned paper. I think what really makes this card is the cute notebook paper-punched border, and the ruffled ribbon across the bottom.

Cardstock: Bazzill (kraft, red); Papertrey Ink (Spring Moss, Vintage Cream)
Patterned paper: Imaginisce
Stamps: Hampton Art (apple), Fiskars (sentiment), TPC Studio (background)
Ink: Versamark, Clearsnap (Lettuce, Scarlet, Black)
Tools: Circle dies (Spellbinders); Square punches (Marvy Uchida); Border punch (EK Success)
other: ribbon, thread


I plan to make a set of coordinating thank you cards using this same sketch to give as a gift, so I'll post those pictures once they're done. This will be such a fun sketch to play with!

I hope your week is off to a great start. Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Jean Martin said...

Great card Christina! Love those apples!

Lisa Salkeld said...

The ribbon embellishment is great!

KriskropMemories said...

What a beautiful card!! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...