July 3, 2010

2 Sketches 4 You #55


Hello friends! I hope you're enjoying your weekend so far. Once again, I've waited until the last day to submit a card for a challenge! What can I say, I work better under pressure!

This week, Laura's sketch at 2S4Y had me a little stumped, but I finally came up with something that I like.

I was inspired by some lovely paper from Cosmo Cricket's Everafter line, which coordinates beautifully with PTI's Terracotta Tile and Smokey Shadow. The layered flower was cut with PTI's flower dies, stamped with Beautiful Blooms II using Versamark, then heat embossed with clear powder. I decided not to include a sentiment because I thought it would be too busy.

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Terracotta Tile, Smokey Shadow, Vintage Cream)
Patterned paper: Cosmo Cricket (Everafter line)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Beautiful Blooms II)
Ink: Versamark, Papertrey Ink (Chai tea dye)
Tools: Papertrey Ink (flower dies, Linen & Canvas impression plate), Marvy Uchida (square punch)
Accessories: Papertrey Ink (ribbon), Stampendous (embossing powder), button, thread

The inside of the card just has a strip of that pretty paper and tea dye inked edges.


Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have some time to get inky this weekend!

15 comments:

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Beautiful!! That paper is gorgeous and I love the PTI flower dies (although I forgot to buy them at my last purchase!!!)
Thanks for visiting my blog :)
Maria

Laura Davis said...

This is so pretty!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Christina :D Love how you used the sketch. Thanks for being such a great guest DT member in June. Love your work! Have a great 4th of July.

Pauline said...

WOW a really striking card Christina - sometimes we work better under pressure than if we have all day to think about things!!
Pauline x

Michele Gross said...

This is a stunner! Really and truly beautiful :)

Nance Leedy said...

Love these colors Christina!

Sylvia said...

How very pretty!

Jenny said...

Wonderful card so pretty!! Thanks so so much for your sweet comment!! :) :) :) :) :) have a wonderful 4th!!

cnelson said...

Perfectly beautiful!! love, love, LOVE this!

Jen Carter said...

I love everything about this card!! Beautiful!

Smita said...

Lovely!!! I love all the detail... and the colors!!

Hugs,
Smita

Laurie said...

Christina this is gorgeous! I love the colors and the stitching and ok everything!! :) Beautiful!

Stacey Schafer said...

beautiful, Christina! love your use of the sketch last week:) (sorry I'm a little late in commenting:)

Nerina said...

This knocks the ball out of the park for me!! WOW! I just love your colour choices (so elegant) and the mix of stamp and paper! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

Michele Kovack said...

This is gorgeous!!! I lvoe the papers and the flower!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...