November 7, 2010

Curtain Call Act 55 & Mojo Monday 163


Hello, dear readers!  Welcome back for another Curtain Call Color Challenge!  Let's see what Stacey has in store for us this week, shall we?


Aren't those felt flowers just delicious?!  I paired up these colors with the Mojo Monday sketch.  Now I won't lie to you, these colors were a bit problematic for me.  The whole time I was working on this card, all I could think about was the number of times I have said to my hubby, "No, you may not wear a brown belt with black shoes."  Seriously, the black kept throwing me off, but I think I finally came up with something that works.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Real Red, Chocolate Chip), Papertrey Ink (white)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Masculine Motifs, Fillable Frames 4), Waltzingmouse (Teeny Trees)
Ink:  Colorbox (Cranberry), Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate), Ranger Distress (Spiced Marmalade), Inkadinkadoo (Black)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Fillable Frames 4 die), Fiskars (border punch)
Accessories:  Michaels (ribbon), Queen & Co. (pearls), thread

A peek at the inside:


Sorry to cut this a bit short on detail, but I've had a few too many late nights recently!  

Don't forget to stop by to see what the rest of the Curtain Call Crew has created--it's sure to knock your socks off!



Jean Martin at Stampin' Scrapper
Julie Lacey at Stamps & Taxes
Laurel Seabrook at Seabrook Designs
Makiko Jones at MakInk Studio
Monika Davis at M.A.D. Stamper
Piali Biswas at Touch of Creation
Silke Ledlow at My Life
Stacey Schafer at Stacey's Stamping Stage
Teresa Kline at Enjoy the VA Sunshine



and November Guest Designer, Marlene Peters at Hands On.

...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge creation using Mr. Linky over at Stacey's Stamping Stage.

Thanks for joining me!  Have a great Sunday!

15 comments:

Norma said...

Beautiful card!!! love the stamped leaves!!! Good luck on the challenges!!

Christine Blain said...

This is beautiful, Christina! I love how the black stitching complements the beautiful black ribbon.

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is very pretty, I luv it!

enjoy *~*

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Christine. Love the fall leaves and the black ribbon... fab sketch. :o)

Jean Martin said...

Wow Christina! Wonderful use of colors! I love those leaves that you stamped!

Nance Leedy said...

Love how you snuck in the black stitching! Once again, you've done an amazing job with challenging colors. Beautiful!

Dana said...

I'm with you! Brown and black are super hard to mix! And I tell my DH all the time, "NO you can't wear those black shoes with a brown belt!" Too funny!
I think you did wonderful job though and am impressed.

Stacey Schafer said...

totally gorgeous, Christina! love the background of leaves you created:)

Marisa said...

Great mojo card and use of the CC colours. Love the leaves.

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally mojo-licious card GF!!! I'm loving the leaves!!! Beautiful fall card Christina! Hugs ~S~

xiumaiyuki said...

simply g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s....!!! That luscious satin ribbon is just the perfect touch!

Unknown said...

So pretty and wonderful fall leaves, Christine!! Love the black stitching and the ribbon! The inside looks fantastic too :)

Amy Kolling said...

I have a hard time with black and brown too! You have done a wonderful job combining them here! I like how you show the "inside" of your card too!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is such a beautiful fall card! The color of the leaves pop right off the card with the red and black backdrop!

Anonymous said...

This card is gorgeous! The colors look absolutely fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...