December 8, 2010

CTD #121, Card Patterns #93, & Mojo Monday #168


Hi there!  Thanks for swinging by tonight.  I have two cards to share that are very similar, as I made them for two different card sets that a friend requested.  I used last week's Color Throwdown colors, as I somehow had the date wrong and missed the deadline but just had to play with this fantastic color combo.  My first card is based on the current sketch at Card Patterns.


I used Stampin' Up's Aviary set for the main image, a sentiment from Verve's Accent Notes, and a music score background stamp by Stampendous.  The focal panel needed something else, so I added two hand-cut hearts stamped with a bit of the music score.  I covered them with Glossy Accents to give them a more finished look.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Marina Mist, Bashful Blue), Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate, white)
Stamps:  Stampin' Up! (Aviary), Stampendous (Music Score), Verve (Accent Notes)
Ink:  Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate), Stampin' Up! (Marina Mist), Clearsnap (Chestnut Roan)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (medium scallop border die)
Accessories:  Michaels (ribbon), Ranger (Glossy Accents)

The second card uses the same colors and similar images, this time for the Mojo Monday sketch.


Once again I stamped the music score onto Marina Mist cardstock for the background panel.  The ribbon is also from Stampin' Up!  Just a tip:  I adhered a strip of ribbon, then tied a separate bow and attached it to the card using a fabric adhesive.


Love these cute little birdies!  These birds actually have long legs, but I inked them up without the legs.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Marina Mist), Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate, white)
Stamps:  Stampin' Up! (Aviary), Stampendous (Music Score), Papertrey Ink (Mega Mixed Messages)
Ink:  Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate), Stampin' Up! (Marina Mist), Clearsnap (Chestnut Roan)
Tools:  Spellbinders (square die)
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! (ribbon), Queen & Co. (pearls)


Thanks for stopping by tonight!  I've had too many late nights recently, so I must be off to bed.  I hope to have another card or two for you tomorrow.  Have a good one!

11 comments:

Jen Carter said...

This is gorgeous! I love them both! Love the music background, especially how you distressed it! I love how you used the colors! Beautiful!

Jean Martin said...

Christina!!!! I LOVE The color combination!!!! These are just delish!!!! This is so wonderful! I love blue combined with brown. You just took this color combination to a whole new level!!! NOW, I have to try this!!! I'm trying very hard to stop myself from buying that stamp set!!! Don't you go start that again!!! Haha! Hugs!!!!

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Both cards are eyecandy!
Very beautiful, elegant - love the colors!
Have a nice day!
Ulina

Lindsay said...

These are awesome Christina! I love how you've done these colors! The stamps are super fun and I love those glossy accented hearts!

Nance Leedy said...

Love what you've done with the colors and the Aviary set here! The glossy hearts are whimsically perfect! Adorable cards. :-)

Agata said...

So elegant! Love those colors! Thanks for playing along with CP this week!

Marisa said...

I love how you used the score sheet in the BG on the two cards with the bird - perfect. Great mix of challenges too :) I have that SU set on my wish list as it is too darn cute!

xiumaiyuki said...

eeeeeeeeeeek....I'm grinning ear to ear!!! These are both fantastic! and what a classy color combo. The first one with those glossy hearts just stole my heart.....ahhhh. Have you seen the PTI's peeks with Dawn's new bird cage set? I'm hoping it's as cute as this SU! set. :o)

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE these Christina! I love the sheet music hearts! I'm in desperate need of a bird house set (I don't have any), I'm gonna see what PTI's new release looks like and hope I love it.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a beautiful card! Love those little hearts! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Laurie said...

Ok...seriously? WOW! This is a favorite of mine now for sure! Amazingly gorgeous! You made this color combo sing! (No pun intended!) I really love this card Christina!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...