February 9, 2011

Papertrey Ink Color Challenge-Erin's colors


Hello, friends!  Today's challenge over at Nichole Heady's blog is to use one or more of the DT's favorite color combos to create a project.  If you know me, you know I love a color challenge so I had to try as many of these as I could.  I managed to finish four of them, so bear with me over the next few posts as I share them!

My first card uses Erin Lincoln's color combo shown below.  Love her card!  I used it to make a get well card for my FIL, who just had a hip replacement and is recovering.


I used Mat Stack 5 to cut a label from Vintage Cream cardstock and stamped the trees from Masculine Motifs.  I used Ocean Tides and Ripe Avocado ink to sponge color onto the label.  The sentiment is from Healing Touch Sentiments.  I used my all-time favorite PTI tool, the Woodgrain impression plate, on the Dark Chocolate panel.

All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless noted
Cardstock:  Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream, Ocean Tides
Stamps:  Masculine Motifs, Healing Touch Sentiments
Ink:  Dark Chocolate, Ocean Tides, Ripe Avocado
Tools:  Mat Stack 5 die, Woodgrain impression plate
Accessories:  Ripe Avocado buttons, foam adhesive (craft supply)

I'll be back shortly with card #2!  Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

This would be a great card for a guy (or gal ;) I always forget about those trees, thanks for the reminder that I own them lol!

Andrea M said...

Oh so lovely!!!!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh, this just might be my favorite! I love how you sponged the edges in ocean tides AND avocado. It's subtle but adds so much to the feel of the card. The button placement is just perfect and the woodgrain plate divine! LOVE it all!

Amy Kolling said...

This is a fantastic earthy man card! Perfect amount of touches....the button placement and the sponging! Great card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...