May 3, 2011

Verve April Diva Dare


Hello again!  As promised, I'm back with a second card for today.  I've been wanting to play along with this month's Verve Diva Dare with the theme "April Showers Bring May Flowers".  When I think of May flowers, I definitely think of Mother's Day and the gorgeous blooms that are starting to pop up everywhere.


I used Verve's Dream Big flower and leaf stamps, which I absolutely love and need to pull out more often.  I used Stampin' Up!'s En Francais background on Vintage Cream cardstock, then inked the edges with Perfect Plum ink.  I adhered it to a purple card base, then positioned a circle Nestie over the front to cut out a window.

I stamped the leaves over the French script background, then layered a hand cut flower from Dream Big and two smaller, die-cut flowers topped with buttons.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Plum Pudding, Vintage Cream)
Stamps:  Verve (Dream Big), Stampin' Up! (En Francais), Papertrey Ink (Mega Mixed Messages)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Perfect Plum), Clearsnap (Moss Green), Copic marker
Tools:  Spellbinders (circle die), Papertrey Ink (Beautiful Blooms die)
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink (buttons), Michaels (pearls), DMC floss

On the inside of the card, I stitched a circle with purple floss on a Vintage Cream panel and stamped the word "Mother" from PTI's Mega Mixed Messages.  I added another flower and leaves and a few Copic-colored pearls. 


I really love making window cards, but I don't think to do it very often, so I had a lot of fun with this one.

Thanks for your visit tonight!  I hope your week is off to a great start!

20 comments:

Marisa said...

Fabulous window card, Christina. Haven't made one in ages - thanks for the inspiration :) Lovely card with the script and Verve flowers.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh I didn't even realize it was a window card! Great job.

Nance Leedy said...

And you do window cards so well! This one is gorgeous--love the layering of stamps and purple and green are fantastic together! As usual your special details like the stitching and pearls make it stellar! Simply gorgeous my friend. :-)

Jean Martin said...

This is gorgeous Christina! You really ROCK this color.

kasia c. said...

WOW! WOW! WOW!
This colour combo is fab, the stitching is fab, the window is fab, your card is FAB!
You rock Christina! :)

Kim O'Connell said...

Such a beautiful card! I am sucker for purple! Love your blower trio with the button embellies!

Vickie Z said...

I've never made a window card.... You are inspiring me to try!! This is gorgeous!! The fussy cutting on that flower is fabulous (I haven't been able to accomplish it on this flower)!!

Lindsay said...

This is just gorgeous Christina! Gorgeous! I love the window!

Lisa Petrella said...

Beautiful window card inside AND out!! LOVE the POP of green and the stitched circle!!! GORGEOUS work!

Radha said...

This is such a darling!!!

Karen B. said...

The inside and out are both fabulous, a work of art in purple!

Diane Jaquay said...

Gorgeous card, Christina! I love the stitched circle around the sentiment, the pretty flowers, and that beautiful script background!

Ginny said...

Stunning! Gorgeous!! Awesome!!! In case it's not clear, I LOVE this card! Everything about it is just perfect. That stitched circle is so sweet. A+++

Amy Kolling said...

Gorgeous gorgeous! I adore the stitching you did and of course I'm kinda partial to that color combo!!! :). Happy Mother's Day!

Andrea Ewen said...

This card is marvelous, Christina! The colors are beautiful together and I love how you accented the sentiment with that great stitching! Just gorgeous!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

wowzer! Love this card and those are favorite colors together too. Just beautiful details. TFS hugs.

Carolyn Ruiz said...

simply beautiful!!!! The stitched circle/window really make this card something above the rest. TFS

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just beautiful! Love that scripted background and your beautiful colors.

The Paper Parade said...

This card is simply gorgeous! The colors are outstanding, and the flowers and pearls are beautiful. Also, how neat that you stitched that circle..I love it!

Andrea M said...

*gasp* A-freakin'-MAZING!!! I love card windows too and yours is GORGEOUS! Love the stitching and the pearls!!! And LOVE the purple - you make me love purple even more!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...