August 2, 2011

ColourQ #96 & The Paper Players #57


Hello!  I'm blogging from the road today, so I haven't had a chance to come around and see what you've been up to, but I'm popping in with the latest ColourQ challenge.  Trust me, you won't be disappointed with this gorgeous color combo!  I also decided to play along with the sketch at The Paper Players by my friend, Nance.


My photos are not great since I waited too long to take them and had to do some major color correction!  I stamped some leaves from Verve's Bloom & Grow, then added a sentiment from the same set in gray ink.  The flowers were stamped in Versamark onto Bashful Blue cardstock, then cut out by hand.  I cut slits between each petal so that I could bend some of them up for dimension.

The Tempting Turquoise mat was die cut on one end with a Labels 1 Nestie, then impressed with text from PTI's Book Print impression plate.  I added a strip of white satin ribbon tied with Caribbean baker's twine from The Twinery.  The whole panel was then adhered with pop dots onto a Basic Gray card base.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Basic Gray, Tempting Turquoise, Bashful Blue), Papertrey Ink (white)
Stamps:  Verve (Bloom & Grow)
Ink:  Clearsnap (Moss Green, Antique Pewter), Versamark
Tools:  Spellbinders (Labels 1), Papertrey Ink (Book Print impression plate)
Accessories:  The Twinery (baker's twine), Michaels (ribbon, rhinestones)

I hope you'll find some time this week to play with these colors and enter your creation to be in the running for Colour Queen!  Stop by the ColourQ blog for some fabulous inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.

Thanks so much for all of your sweet comments recently--you gals are the best!

25 comments:

Lindsay said...

Great job with this sketch Christina! I love those flowers!

Suzanne said...

Christina! This is beautiful and I don't know what's wrong with the photos - I think they're great. :) Hope you're having a safe trip home! I am gonna try to play along this week with the challenge, promise. ;)

Lauri said...

Gorgeous! Love how you used the color challenge with the sketch! Those rhinestones in the flowers really add the finishing touch! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Maureen said...

this is just delicious on that grey card base :) LOVE the colour of that twine...safe travels, my friend :)

Lesley said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the rhinestoned flowers and the pretty colours from the CQ are perfect! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!
Smiles,
Lesley

Karen B. said...

This is beautiful, those petals are amazing!

Lynn said...

Safe travels Christina...Love how you cut the flowers to give them a bit more dimension!

Andrea M said...

So BEAUTIFUL!!! The rhinestones are GORGEOUS, as is the rest of this beauty!!! Safe travels friend!!!

Jeanne J. said...

Christina, I love the flowers with the gem centers and how you tied the twine to the ribbon - which made me look twice at the die cut on the bottom of the card. Really lovely! All your cards have that extra little touch!

Nance Leedy said...

Thanks for playing along with my sketch Christina! Love it in these colors and your ribbon treatment is so sweet! Love how you've snipped the petals--makes all the difference! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Paper Players! ((hugs))

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous simplicity. ;)

LeAnne said...

I already commented before, but I have to say again how clean & fresh this is! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Amy Kolling said...

I absolutely LOVE this flower set and you always use it beautifully! Love how you've done the flowers here....creative!

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... Christina, your card is simply gorgeous ... so bright, fresh and funky ... I love how you have used the colours and design to reflect a real feel-good card! Perfect for the occasion!
Thank you for joining us this week at Paper Players!

Anonymous said...

Christina, this card is gorgeous. The sentiment works so well with this beautiful floral composition. Love the colors... heck.. I love everything about it!
So glad you joined the Paper Players this week.
Jaydee

Dr. Ivy said...

Wow, this is so pretty. I love the flowers they look so delicate. You are so creative. I love all your cards.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

So pretty....I love that you stamped the sentiment over the leaves, and those flowers are awesome!

Ann Schach said...

Clean and classy! I LOVE the flowers! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Sandra Azzopardi said...

This is so pretty! I lvoe how you have fussy cut the floers. They really 'pop' off this page. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Another amazing card, Christina! This is a great place to visit when the mojo is on the wane ... and I need some inspiration. Hugs xxaxx

Heather Rogers said...

This is stunning Christina. Love the aqua and green together. I am not sure why your blog hasn't been coming up on my dashboard lately. Humm. Well, I will have to look into that. :)
Hugs~

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wow Christina! Absolutely beautiful as always! I love how you worked the sentiment into the image and the pop of sparkle. Very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along at The Paper Players! :)

Jen Carter said...

So pretty!! I really like how you created those flowers with the slits and twine too! Great card!

LORi said...

Super gorgeous card Christina!! Thanks for the sweet welcome!
Hugs -LORi

The Paper Parade said...

Those colors are so light and pretty together. And as usual you found the perfect way to use them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...