April 4, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays #46 & Retro Sketches #5


Good evening, friends!  It's been a crazy week so far, but I'm thrilled to say that my 5-day weekend starts tomorrow.  I have so much catching up to do!

I found a few minutes tonight to combine a couple of challenges:  CAS-ual Fridays and RetroSketches.  


The challenge at CAS-ual Fridays is to be inspired by the lyrics of a song.  How fun!  I thought of a few but needed a card for a friend whose son recently turned four, so I thought of a song by Feist, 1,2,3,4.  The original version of the song is HERE, but I'm a little partial to her version on Sesame Street:

Feist on Sesame Street--1,2,3,4

Everything's better with Muppets, right?  

I started with a kraft card base, then debossed a kraft panel with PTI's Sunshine impression plate and sponged the edges with white ink.  

The patterned paper is from Echo Park's A Boy's Life collection.  I stamped the yellow strip with numbers from PTI's Fresh Alphabet (1,2,3) and Outlines Alphabet (4).  The star stamps and dies are also from PTI.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Kraft)
Patterned paper:  Echo Park (A Boy's Life)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Star Prints, Fresh Alphabet, Outlines Alphabet)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Not Quite Navy), ColorBox (Frost White)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (star dies, Sunshine impression plate), corner rounder
Coloring medium:  Prismacolor Premier pencil

Off to watch the Celtics with my hubby before bed.  Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to come back in a few hours for a new Muse at CASE Study!

8 comments:

Julie said...

This is awesome Christina! I love the big 4 behind the star and neutral tones! Fun layout!

Virginia L. said...

Aw... I LOVE that song, but I didn't see this video till now! Truly cute!! I love your composition of the stamping! The scattered stars are strategically perfect! The colors and use of patterns are awesome, Christina!!So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jean Martin said...

Ooooh! I love this Christina!!! I wasn't sure if I wanted to get that stamp set. You're making me want to!!! lol! :)

Suzanne said...

I love the pops of green, Christina! You mastered combining these two challenges...Love the song too!

Dana said...

Fabulous, and my kiddos LOVE that song!

Marisa said...

Great card as well as Case study card. Love the EF with the circles and added stars and the heart paper clip is adorable. Have a blessed Easter :)

Karen B. said...

Wathcing that video was a fun break in my evening! Your card is a lot of fun too! That impression plate is in my cart as we speak because of you (now I'm just waiting until we can use more than one gift certificate in one order!)

Tracey said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this Christina!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...